812 strike issue

Karl Thompson

There's not a lot in there for the lamp.Our lamp tester consisted of a plank of wood with lamp holders for the range; 812, 218, 1220 etc and an appropriate inductor/transformer/whatever posh name it had for each size and a mains switch.

The procedure was insert lamp, turn on and position hand between lamp and eyes. leave running for a minute, switch off. Test completed.

The lamp will not restrike if hot and IIRC if powered hot will not even restrike when cooled down but don't take that a gospel as I don't see a reason why it should not.

The only thing that springs to mind, the temp sensor may be monitored differently in auto Vs DMX mode by the firmware and one firther from that I don't recall a temp sensor on the 812.

I'm trying to remember stuff from 1996 apologies if my ramblings are not correct.

Do please consider that a lamp failure caused by a great excess of lamp life expired is often spectacular. Part of the reason for the convoluted reflector air path is to keep any shrapnel inside.

^^^ What Jivemaster said.