Rigging inspection

DrV

I have been asked by a friend if I know who could inspect and rate some IWBs that are installed in a school. I don't know who to suggest but I know a Room who will! I realise this will open a can of worms but they initially just need someone who is properly qualified to give them some advice. Any suggestions for companies to approach?

Thanks

I don't know how their pricing compares, but I've found Stage Electrics are good at dealing with the various hoops that educational establishments insist on them jumping through. I've found the guys on site helpful and thorough.

Probably worth bearing in mind that a high proportion of schools and colleges will be trying to book an inspection over the summer holiday period, so best to book in plenty of time!

This depends on the nature of the school authority! And their payment terms.

It's a private one. I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing but they've always paid my modest bills in good time!

I really rate Pete Smith too. Yes the office is in Northampton but he has people in London and Sussex so covering SW is fine.

For me (without speaking badly of others) Pete is great for a no-nonsense heads up. You'll get a straightforward answer and without any pressure to use him to supply any fixes.

Some companies seem to use rigging inspections as a sort of first-time site visit to see what works they want to sell the client.

Edited by dje

Pete is great for a no-nonsense heads up. You'll get a straightforward answer and without any pressure to use him to supply any fixes.

Some companies seem to use rigging inspections as a sort of first-time site visit to see what works they want to sell the client.

Yep. Agree with this wholeheartedly.

It's the same principle as getting your car MOT'd at a place that isn't going to be doing the repairs.