Pneumatic lifting

We want to be able to move a heavy platform quickly and easily. Sometime back I was given some details of suppliers of pneumatic equipment we could use to "force down some wheels for the move. I lost all those notes! Ideas welcome.

I thought the usual practice was that the truck rides on the wheels the whole time; and the pneumatics push down feet to lock it in position- am I wrong?

I think it is really down to the designer: for the show I saw it done they needed a set piece to be very low to the ground and very stable, so it made sense for the wheels to retract/extend. The set piece had a CO2 cylinder inside of it which provided the pressure to run the system, which was controlled using disguised buttons on the outside of it.

I thought the usual practice was that the truck rides on the wheels the whole time; and the pneumatic push down feet to lock it in position- am I wrong?

That's a counter-intuitive way of doing it - you should use the power for the shortest amount of time so since most trucks spend 99% of their life /not/ moving it follows that you should use the lift system to engage the wheels for moving so that for 99% of the time you are not using up power.

Obviously if it's a truck that's in constant motion and only very occasionally sits still then it might make sense to put the locking legs on air but that would be a very rare circumstance