Flat hinges - what are they called

Ynot

What's the name of the hinges that can be used in flooring/traps on stage that can be chased into the flooring surface * and the trap door so that they're flat to the floor etc but can fold all the way back on themselves 180 degrees but at the same time do NOT have the raised hinge / pin proud of the floor as a standard hinge would...

I need to put a full width trough across the prosc without creating stumble hazards for dancers crossing the prosc line onto the thrust.

So - what are the darned things called?

As another not hinge answer, I’ve always found lift out lids to be more flexible for traps. It allows you to cut replacement lids with a cutout that suits, and still keep a full set of uncut lids. It also allows for cable exits on either side, whereas hinges allow exits only on 1 side or in the middle of the trough.

Hinges invariably fill up with fluff/paint and become a pain too.

As another not hinge answer, I've always found lift out lids to be more flexible for traps. It allows you to cut replacement lids with a cutout that suits, and still keep a full set of uncut lids. It also allows for cable exits on either side, whereas hinges allow exits only on 1 side or in the middle of the trough.

Hinges invariably fill up with fluff/paint and become a pain too.

This isn't a permanent item - it's for the catchment trough for the rain effect in Singin' In the rain.

Need to fold the trap lids up and flat to expose the trough then cover again for act 2.

And counter hinges was the (very simple) name I was looking for :)

Cheers