SCS Missing volume level graphs

Heptagon

Referring back to an earlier post "Sound advice needed" Thanks for the replies - it seems to me that SCS may be the solution, giving our am-dram members the chance to use real software.

The only issue I have is that in the cue lists I set up, the volume level display at the bottom of the editor screen, and the smaller one against the cue in the operating screen are both blank - no trace is showing. (both cues are .wav files)

By contrast, in the demo show, there is the usual wavy line.

Anyone come across this problem?

Are the .wav files fairly large? It may be that SCS hasn't yet scanned the files to build the audio graph. A log file will have been created and saved in a folder named "SCS Logs" under "Documents", and the name of the file includes a time-stamp indicating when the log started. Please email a log file from a run in which this happened to me at support@showcuesystems.com.<br style="font-size: small;">

Isn't there also a setting that determines the max size of file for audio graph display, in order to save time when working with very large files?

Options and Settings -> Editing Options -> Max File Length for Audio File Graph Scan

Edited by d_korman

Rod has emailed me the log and also the .wav file. The .wav file is 8-bit unsigned and it appears that SCS currently does not handle that format for drawing audio graphs. The file plays OK, but just doesn't get drawn correctly. Converting the file to 16-bit signed enabled the graph to be drawn. I'll look into fixing this.