Tiered seating options.

Ynot

My niece is doing a small scale show in the local co-op hall, which has a stage but no tiered seating options.

She's asked me if I might be able to find any supplier who could supply within her limited budget - she's googled quite a few midlands based companies but the best she's found is around £1500 to £2000, which for a small one-nighter is well out of reach.

It's not my area of experience so I thought I'd seek any input from the BR Hive.

I doubt anything is likely to be viable, as it is a pretty niche market, but worth an enquiry.

Presumably the hall has seats, so if only a few raised rows are needed, maybe a few sections of Steeldeck or similar, with back & side railings ?

I used to provide sound for a no-budget kids show, who hired Steeldeck from the local Council's Events team. The main cost would have been 2 or 3 people for a couple of hours to install it, & another couple to take it away, so a cost in the low hundreds, not thousands.

Likewise, we generally use steel deck overlapped to approx 950mm row depth, 9" rise generally or 12" or 18" rise with interim steps, and put local chairs on it - it always seems to work out cheaper than tiered seating systems.

However it still costs and soon adds up with build / strike labour so could still cost a fair amount depending on just how many you're trying to seat. (Rough numbers we've generally worked to two chairs a metre minus aisles.)

Apologies I missed it in the title - for 150 seated assuming some front rows are on the floor you're still looking minimum ballpark 20-30 decks - unless you're able to move and build them them yourselves it's still going to be a fairly significant cost.

As someone with lots of grandstand.... that’s a very good price you’ve been given. Modular grandstand requires at least 3 experienced crew and 150 seats would fill a 15ton sized truck (or alternatively 3-4 round trips for a transit van) and take 3-4 hours to fully install. As others have pointed out seating takes up a lot of space plus the regulations covering temporary grandstands are extensive meaning that any operator needs a lot of big heavy stuff and a lot of skilled people to use it.