When is a Neutrik not a neutrik?

paulears

Just a heads up.

Here's a close up of a NC3FXX female neutrik, in a sealed packet. I just bought 10 males and 10 females for £18. Didn't know Neutrik had a factory in Hong Kong.

I just put one on and I cannot feel or see a difference to the ones I have been getting from CPC apart from the solder buckets are gold coloured, not the usual nickel type colour. the MXX types also have the gold coloured pins.

I'm imagining many will be angered by these, and the other half interested to find the source so they can avoid them. I cannot tell which is which. Feel free to rant by PM and I can tell you where to send your angry comments. I've tried to break one and make it crackle or disconnect, and I can't.

Probably best to view any cheap ones on Ebay with some scrutiny, once people find out about them.

post-19-0-72515800-1563197121_thumb.jpg

post-19-0-42300900-1563198327_thumb.jpg

Just a heads up.

Here's a close up of a NC3FXX female neutrik, in a sealed packet. I just bought 10 males and 10 females for £18. Didn't know Neutrik had a factory in Hong Kong.

Neutrik have been manufacturing locally for the Chinese market for years via a subsidiary called Ningbo Neutrik Trading Co Ltd. They are supposed to sell under the Yongsheng brand aren't supposed to sell in to the west. However that doesn't mean you won't get such things happening. They also have a sales office in Hong Kong.

I'm sure there are also just out and out counterfeits coming out of China as well which aren't anything to do with Neutrik at all.