Looking for dimmable fairy lights!

Rachlx

Hi all

I'm looking for warm white fairy lights that can be wrapped around a set piece unobtrusively, (so small, which means led, they also need to tour so this means led as well to survive going in and out of a van!).

I also need them to be reasonably dimmable, static (not multi function twinkling, unless they remember their setting when you power them off) and mains powered (so I can run them from a betapack dimmer).

I say 'reasonably' dimmable as I'm not sure you can get any led fairy lights that are totally dimmable but at this point I'll settle for it being slightly steppy over crazy flashing or just on or off!

Oh and I need strings 10m long!

Does anyone know of such a thing existing and where I can get them?!

Thanks

Rach

A good first port of call would be lights4fun.

Dimming from a betapack might not be very successful. If you can find a string that requires a low voltage DC supply you could use a DMX LED PWM dimmer to control them. I've used these cheap LED dimmers from ebay to control strings of 10mm LEDs which I've wired myself quite successfully.

Alternatively, could you use warm white LED tape? I know for a fact that those dim with the above dimmer.

Essential Supplies have these which they say are dimmer compatible - worth a look?

EDIT - link not working. Search their website for "Fairy Light Black Cable 90 x Warm White LEDS"

Another edit - it seems they're only compatible with their own dimmer which has been modified for them! Search "Pro Dim 10 Amp Dimmer with DMX for our LED fairy lights ELXXY series" to see it.

Edited by ninjadingle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

So sorry, I have only just seen this reply!!

The lights I got were copper string ones from Bimble Solar (they supply boat stuff!) https://www.bimblesolar.com/LED-fairy-warm-white

Weirdly I am looking for dimmable fairylights again and searched and found this post without realising it was my post! laugh.gif

Side note I can't use the bimble solar lights again as I need to poke them through this time like a mini festoon.