Theatre flat wood

solex

Bit of a basic question, but while I've made my fair share of flats over the years, I've never ordered in the wood to make them. With so many types of wood, finishings, treatments etc, what is the standard type of 3by1 I would be asking for at a timber merchants?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations of suppliers in/near London for suitable flat building wood?

Cheers

Sol

3x1 planed (known as PAR - planed all round or PSE - planed square edge) is pretty much the standard, sawn is a bit rough and splintery and often not a massive cost saving.

No need for any treatment etc for indoor flat use - or at least we don't use it.

For timber: Volund Timber 020 8883 3500. Only sell to theatres / scenic construction types. I think they sell a few different grades. It so cheap it’s worth going for the best.

Next or even same day delivery included.

For sheet materials: Creffields as previously recommended. Again, will advise on grades.

Archived