What are these latches called?

Robin D

I'm hoping the combined knowledge of blue room will do better than Google. I need to get some clips are a bit like a pin with a flat middle section that goes through a round hole in a panel. The flat piece then pivots up, then drops into the lock position to hold panel in place. I always knew them as torpedo clips, but Google fails to find the same and Flints appear not to do them. They are often fitted to open trucks and trailers; the hinged side goes up, over them, the the clip holds them in place. Anyone know what they are called please? I need them for a piece of flown set that needs a thin ply overlay added over the front during the show and then flown away. These are quick and secure and safe for the cast to do. Velcro would hold it, but I'd rather have a more positive fixing if its then going up to the fly.

Thanks in anticipation.

They are the exact fittings that are on our Transit dropside, depending where abouts in East Anglia you are our local Ernest Doe had them over the counter when ours rusted up.

Thanks for that Tom. We are 9 miles west of Ipswich. Did you mean the place on the way into Framlingham?

Loads of them on Google and FleaBay now I know the search term! :huh:

Archived