Connecting Wagons

heetbrink

For an upcoming production of Les Mis at a High School, we would like to use two 4' x 8' wagons that are stored separately. On Stage, we would like to fasten them to each other, showing the "inside" of the barricades downstage. Than for the scene where Gravoche dies, turn the combined 16' x 4' 180 degrees to show the "outside" downstage, and then back again for the final scene.

What is a secure and strong way to connect the two for the pivot, then disconnect and store the two wagons?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Dutch

A lot of the touring stages are pulled together with coffin locks like these ones:-

https://shop.flints.co.uk/Products/pg_Coffin_Locks?catdesc=Coffin-Locks

The dual action ones have a higher loading as well as pulling the trucks together if not quite in line.

They are strong and quick to use as long as you can build them into the wagons, you should be able to find a supplier in the USA, I have seen them on a lot of sets from Hudson Scenic, not sure if they will be called coffin locks or not there.

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. And yes, they are called coffin locks in the USA as well.

A lot of the touring stages are pulled together with coffin locks like these ones:-

https://shop.flints....sc=Coffin-Locks

The dual action ones have a higher loading as well as pulling the trucks together if not quite in line.

They are strong and quick to use as long as you can build them into the wagons, you should be able to find a supplier in the USA, I have seen them on a lot of sets from Hudson Scenic, not sure if they will be called coffin locks or not there.

Archived