Lamp help!

ARA Tech

I am a newbie to lighting, I have 3 Martin Mac 250 and 3 Mac 300- most are suffering with lamp errors. I have also just stumbled over a box full of GE T26 GCS 240v lamps, I have read that GE CSD is the lamp for these. Does this mean the lamps I currently have are useless? (also I have around 50 strand lights- nocturne 500, quartet f, quartet pc, quartet 22/40)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'd get hold of the documentation for the particular model of Mac you have to check for the exact lamp model (I'm not familiar with the exact lamps models for the fixtures) but using the correct lamp (which is a discharge lamp) is very important. You can get the specification from the Martin website.

The T26 lamps are 650W halogen lamps and can be used in the quartets. The Nocturne uses a 500W linear halogen lamp.

The T26s you have found are the lamps for your Strand lights.

As you have identified your macs take a different (more expensive) lamp, that uses a different technology, and requires a little more safety precautions when handling. Perhaps hire in someone to show you how to do it the first time? If you buy the lamps form a local company they might be willing to come out and show you how to fit them (on the promise of further orders ;) .

Archived