First Time at Edinburgh Fringe - Tips?

panladea

Thanks for your replies guys - sounds like its worth getting a Leatherman then. :P

Ariane

Buy one of the similar types made by Stanley tools as they are a fraction of the cost so you will not be crying when you lose it or someone borrows it. They do large and small ones.

My dad (who also works in theatre) recommended me to get a bum bag or something and just put my main tools in there - I think that might be a cheaper option until I can afford a good quality multi-tool (or ask for one for Xmas! ;) ) I'd rather not waste money on a cheap one that could break within the first week.

TBH a bag of decent tools will always be a lot better than any multitool...

^^^that.

I used my Leatherman yesterday for the first time in over a year, maybe longer. My other tools, on the other hand, get used very regularly.

[E2A]

And if you get separate tools...

a) It'll be cheaper to replace one when you lose it, as you surely will and...

b) You'll get a proper posidriv screwdriver which fits woodscrews properly, not the bastardised thing you get on most multitools.

b) You'll get a proper posidriv screwdriver which fits woodscrews properly, not the bastardised thing you get on most multitools.

IOW you'll be able to get Posidriv/Supadrive and Phillips drivers, rather than as Brian says, using the bastardised halfway house you usually get.

Archived