Need to hire a Large RP Screen

Apspete1

HI,

im looking for a RP screen to hire that is suitable for edge blending, has good off axis performance and is seamless, the catch is it needs it to be at least 27.9m wide by 7.315m ie 3.8 ratio.

PS having one made is not an option as have been quoted in excess of £70k!

The hire would be for 1 week at around the end of april in the UK.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Pete.

You will have a hard time finding the screen size you need from hire.

At this size the done thing is to have it made.

Who ever quoted you 70k for a 28x7m screen is trying to rob you, that's more than £350 a sq meter!!!!.

We can make you a proper rear projection screen to be hung from a bar for far less.

I can quote you tomorrow and make it in time for your event.

other than questioning why your doing a job that needs a 100' wide screen and need to ask the internet where to get one, someones having a laugh at your expense about the costs of makeup. Allow 20 - 25 a square which by my calculations is around 5 grand not 70... You want harkness translite 65 and they make to order in a couple of weeks. id be highly surprised if you can find a screen this size for hire and as said, generally youd just get one made as then its new, and if theres not the money in the job to buy the surface you need...

Hi thanks for the replies,

Unfortunately I didn't dictate the screen size, the original USA show and content was designed by an american agency around a screen that exists in the USA (in the hire market) and I have to repeat the show in the UK using the same content and set configuration.

Shipping the screen from the USA as a hire is an option, but I was curious to see what other options may be available in the uk.

The problem I have always had with screens manufactured in the UK is off axis performance has never been great and the supposed invisible seams are not - the USA surface has both qualities, and the 70k was a cost from the UK distributor to have one made and imported. The US company told me a similar dollar price they paid for the screen.

Hope that helps explain the question.

P.

other than questioning why your doing a job that needs a 100' wide screen and need to ask the internet where to get one, someones having a laugh at your expense about the costs of makeup. Allow 20 - 25 a square which by my calculations is around 5 grand not 70... You want harkness translite 65 and they make to order in a couple of weeks. id be highly surprised if you can find a screen this size for hire and as said, generally youd just get one made as then its new, and if theres not the money in the job to buy the surface you need...

ive allways been aware that any screen over a couple of m has a seem and its not noticable on a decent screen - its there if you know where it is and get upreally close, but invisible from the audience . any low gain surface will have ok off axis performance and ive never had any particular issues with either off axis performance, seams or hotspotting with any of the translight screens we have had made. Harkness seem to know what they are doing and the "invisible" seems are just that, so nor sure who made the problem screens....

Archived