Unique mk2 Hazer

KevinE

Should it be possible to blow through the tube of the heat exchanger?

Ive got 2 here with the same problem...fluid backing up and trying to get down into the air pump.One one example the feed pipe to the heater has 'blown off' with the pressure from the pump, spraying fluid everywhere.

As I understand it, the flow of air/fluid through the heat exchanger should be unrestricted (unlike a smoke machine which often has a pinhole jet at the outlet).

I've blown through it and even tried the airline, but nothing is coming out of the other end.

Yes. It should be easy to blow through. It is common for them to block at the outlet end. IIRC I used a precision screwdriver or small drill bit (by hand) to carefully clear it in the past. You need to lift the vapouriser to access although I would recommend trying to keep the white thermal wire connected. If you do disconnect note the two cores are polarised (green and white respectively) but it can be very difficult to identify and keep the insulation in place. When reassembling make sure all the insulating washers seat correctly around the screws. The vaporiser must be isolated from the chassis.

I did try poking some 20A fusewire into the tube, it goes in a good 4 inches before it starts to bind.

I've ordered 2 new ones, though the price is rather hefty. I'll have a blow through them when they arrive just to get the 'feel' of how they should be for future reference.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived