Roboscan 218 Pro DMX Problems

ahocknul04

Hi folks. Got a pair of Roboscan 218 pros which have joined our roboscan 812s. Basically long story short, the roboscan 812's are working fine on DMX and responding to the desk. Although you have to use a reverse polarity converter, that's not a problem. Now, the 218's are also obviously reverse polarity, but they don't want to respond to DMX. The only time I can ever gain control of them is if I use one of the martin protocol controllers which will control the fixtures. It's not an issue with the XLR being used as I have tested this with other fixtures and it works fine. Any ideas with what could be possibly wrong? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Ally

Hi folks. Got a pair of Roboscan 218 pros which have joined our roboscan 812s. Basically long story short, the roboscan 812's are working fine on DMX and responding to the desk. Although you have to use a reverse polarity converter, that's not a problem. Now, the 218's are also obviously reverse polarity, but they don't want to respond to DMX. The only time I can ever gain control of them is if I use one of the martin protocol controllers which will control the fixtures. It's not an issue with the XLR being used as I have tested this with other fixtures and it works fine. Any ideas with what could be possibly wrong? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Ally

Do they say they definitely accept DMX? Some of the early Martin Roboscans did not work on DMX, only Martin's protocol.

Many thanks in advance.

Ally

Is listed on the products page on the martin site that they have DMX512 Protocol

Ah, sweet memories of the first intelligent lights I ever owned, a brand new set of 4 Pro218 Mk2s...

Josh is correct. Mk1 will not accept DMX and only has 6 pins on the DIP switches. Mk2 will accept DMX and has 10 pins. Plus the Mk2 will be labelled as such on the top of the unit and the stickers down the sides.

Archived