Behringer X32 Routing Problem

Craig A

Hi all,

I'm trying to use our CD player through the Aux Ins to avoid using two of the 32 input channels on the X32. I can send the signal through monitors but not direct out to the main LR mix.

I have managed to get it through the main system by routing the signal through a DCA but I'm wondering if this is the best way to do it or is there a more direct approach? Checking online, the Behringer website states that an advantage of the Aux Ins is that you can use an outboard CD player without taking up any XLR channels 1-32 so I know it's a suggested use.

Jack of all trades and master of none so I hope I have explained this well enough, apologies if not!

Thanks in advance.

Can you check you're not assigned to any DCAs? A DCA doesn't change routing, it's merely a control group so if you're assigned to a DCA that is at -infinity then that'll give you the issue you describe. If you're not routed to any DCA and there is no audio ensure that you don't have any mute groups or the mute on.

If you're routed though a group, ensure that the group's master to main isn't assigned to a DCA either. I'm not sure if that's possible on the X32 but I know the Pro series do that.

Josh

How you described the DCA is how I understood it but it only seemed to work if I assigned it to one. However, I have noticed now it was assigned to a different DCA set at -infinity and I had not realised, creating the problem you suggested. I don't remember doing this however it is possible that I did accidentally doing something else somehow and I won't blame others!!

Problem fixed and I have tried a different Aux In and all is working fine now. Feeling foolish I thank you for your help!

Similar thing happened to me - the usefulness of being able to use the DCA is great, but you really need to remember when you set them up like this - I did exactly the same thing with reverb returns, couldn't get one to work, then remembered I'd programmed a mute facility. Glad you sorted it!

Similar thing happened to me - the usefulness of being able to use the DCA is great, but you really need to remember when you set them up like this - I did exactly the same thing with reverb returns, couldn't get one to work, then remembered I'd programmed a mute facility. Glad you sorted it!

I do things like this a lot, an unfortunate trait of mine. I'm just hoping with time, practice and repetition I'll eventually learn my lesson and pay attention!!

I really like the ability to hold the DCA select and see what channels are in it. A good visual indicator.

I know, right? How I missed it when it's that clear I'll never know. Just one of those things I guess.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Doesn't the scribble strip tell which DCA(s) it's assigned to? Bummer.

the scribble strip says whatever you type into it...that's sort of the point of the scribble strip

Doesn't the scribble strip tell which DCA(s) it's assigned to? Bummer.

the scribble strip says whatever you type into it...that's sort of the point of the scribble strip

On some other consoles it also displays other channel information.

Mac

No it just shows the channel number, icon and input text + the sends bus/channel if its on 'Sends on Fader'. Not much room for anything else but it would be good if it did!

Like Paul said, I just didn't check enough due to the different layers/pages. Lesson learnt though...hopefully.

Archived