What lighting is this displaying the company logo?

coffee_king

follow up question... what's holding up the vertical truss? can't see the footings as they're hidden by screens but there doesn't seem to be much space there and can't see anything anchoring them to the walls. Maybe it's the quality of image on my screen- not accusing it of being dodgy but just can't see how it's been achieved

Love that venue.

Have done lots of Barmiztvers (spelling) in there. The only annoying thing about it, is the need to have power outside the building for the usual ext. lighting

If I remember, there are very few, if any- 13amp sockets within the foyer area. Last time, I had to get power from the side kitchen area and run the cable outside and round.

Its sister venue 'One Mayfair' is nice as well.

Hi

I'm looking for something really cheap to do a similar thing.

Ive seen the American DJ Led Gobo and they look ok. Anyone have any thoughts on this or similar?

Thanks for all the responses by the way.

If it's really cheap it won't be as good. Bear in mind that a custom gobo will set you back 50 quid too. Mac 250s are "really cheap" in professional terms and list price is somewhere around £1000.

A gobo in a moving head lantern will enable you to decide which way the gobo projects. If you use a cheaper moving mirror light then as the beam pans round the room the gobo will rotate, whether this is acceptable only you can tell.

Be careful that the lantern that you use fits a gobo that is big enough to resolve the image on the gobo.

I used some 575w moving mirror lanterns for custom gobos and the image circle was 12mm on a 15mm disc. You cannot resolve much in a 12mm circle. However I still have the lanterns.

The Martin Imagescan was a great lantern for this use as it held a gobo that could be a 35mm slide for short runs and could be pre-programmed to repeat a scan pattern without a controller.

Archived