CPC Headset Mics

pdherring

All,

Like a lot of people here more than likely we use a lot of the CPC headset mics for our Sennheiser hire stock. Can anyone point me in the direction of a similar price/quality product that I can get in brown and or black?

I am seriously struggling to find anything and thought someone here must have been in the same boat as me, I need them for next Friday so a Chinese options seems impossibly this late in the day.

Pete

Indeed, I moved away from CPC mics about a year ago as the prices had risen and I had a string of failures on relatively new mics, as well as a shipment that arrived with signs of having been used.

I now use the Proel HCM23's although I'm not sure if they come in brown (I still have a good number of the brown CPC ones, so haven't needed any yet). Recently I bought 16 headsets direct from China which are pretty much identical to the HCM23's (I suspect OEM from the same factory) and after some negotiation with the seller they came in at under £20 per headset. They sound slightly better than the CPC's to me. Again, no idea on colour, but I used Alibaba and Aliexpress as portals to buy from China and the whole process was surprisingly un-scary! It's also worth pointing out that the Proel's came from a UK seller and they were still cheap compared to the CPC ones.

Thanks everyone your responses are much appreciated, It does seem the brown/black are rare at this price point these days!

Rob, I am after 4 although I would like 6 to make sure I supply spares. PM me if you are serious about selling me a few.

Thanks

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

We currently use some of the CPC mics at our church, both the headset ones that hook over both ears, and the type that fit over just one ear.

I'm looking to replace them with some other two eared versions, as the I've had comments that the CPC ones aren't very comfortable.

From this post, and looking at them on the internet, the ultradisk ones would be my preference, BUT, they are omni directional, meaning the capsule on the end of the boom is larger. The current CPC ones, and the Proel (and also Micronic ones, anyone used them??) are all uni, and have smaller capsules (around 3mm as opposed to the 6mm on the ultradisk.

The visibility of the mic, and the self awareness of the person using it has so far been my biggest obstacle in getting people to use these rather than lavalier mics. So, anyone with experience of switching to the untradisk mics, what is your opinion on the visibility of the mic?

Thanks, Chris

• 2 weeks later...
From this post, and looking at them on the internet, the ultradisk ones would be my preference, BUT, they are omni directional, meaning the capsule on the end of the boom is larger. The current CPC ones, and the Proel (and also Micronic ones, anyone used them??) are all uni, and have smaller capsules (around 3mm as opposed to the 6mm on the ultradisk.

Yes, I've used the Micronic ones......very good sound quality, but 'niggly' locking screw that gets lost

Archived