Lighting design school program.

Hi!

I'm a lighting tech from Norway looking for an education in lighting design. Primarily towards theatre and dance, but I was hoping to find a good all-round program.

I was hoping to get some help and advice regarding witch schools are any good.

Primarily I'm looking at schools in the UK as a whole and more specific in London, but if someone out there have a good experience with schools elsewhere I will take any recommendations.

I have been looking at "Rose Bruford College" and they seem to have an interesting program.

Does anyone have experience from Rose Bruford or other schools? And would you recommend a school, or warn me away from other schools?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance. Simen Aasheim.

I've been looking at these recently but I've decided to go to Backstage Academy/LS-Live because it's geared more towards live events than theatre.

As well as Rose Bruford there is Central (http://www.cssd.ac.uk/study) in London, and also RADA (rada.ac.uk/) that do technical courses, specifically lighting and lighting design.

Also have you looked at the UCAS website? Here they list all the courses related to lighting design that universities provide:

http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/ERC-MXuJ-2-W8sleatcwVqczDpQtC-VuGW/HAHTpage/search.HsKeywordSuggestion.whereNext?query=3143&word=LIGHTING+DESIGN&single=N

Hope that helps!

I have friends at both Rose Bruford and Central and they have recommended both courses, particularly the creative lighting control course at Rose Bruford, but if you were looking more at design the lighting design course may be better.

Archived