Best filter for LED flood

worldofdavep

I have got myself a couple of LEDJ Qcolour units having seen them in action, and a Stage Wash 18. The led lights of you look at them are somewhat bright, but I spotted a diffusion filter at thomann which took the sting out of it.

Is that the best filter to do that, and slightly spread the beam to be a bit wider, or should I be looking at leefilters.com that have some (but a range that confuses me a bit)?

Nice units, I have eight of the 9 way versions. I know what you mean, they are a bit 'in your face' also a bit noisy for quiet shows. I used them in 'Evita' as side lighting, a member of staff who sat in the front row right on the edge of the seats was convinced they had 'damaged her eyes' and even went to an optician afterwards! She is known as a bit of a nutter, thankfully. A bit of frost might be a good idea, I would quite like to see a bit of a 'can' on the front of them to reduce the issue, but when used FOH there's no problem. Amazing bang for your buck though.

This may not be helpful but I was on a corporate with about 120 6'colorblazes. They're streaky and stuff. Designer went through a bunch of different diffusion trying to find the one that would blend them yet let through enough intensity.... Ended up using wax paper! Yes household kitchen wax paper. And yes we used tons of rolls and had to tape it all on in a lift. ** laughs out loud **. Worth a try

• 3 weeks later...

Archived