Celco Aviator 360

Tom Baldwin

Has anybody used this desk?

I've been offered one for sale, which I probably won't take up, as a) they want a serious amount of cash for what appears to be an obsolete and unsupported desk, and B) well, it appears to be obsolete and unsupported.

Does look rather cool, though, with all the virtual faders...

Am I missing something - is it still a cracking desk, or was it good for its time, but a little dated now?

Cheers,

Tom

I know this isn't going to be of much - any help but I seem to remember Celco desks being flavour of the month mid 90's.

How many people had 'program and operate a Celco Gold' on their CV?

I know I read a few. What has happened to these desks? Are they next to the Revox B77 at the back of the control room?

;) :D :blink:

The aviator was launched as 'the ultimate par can controller', however, the rest of the world had just given up large par can rigs for moving lights, and consequently its sales bombed. Celco has disappeared from the industry since that point which is a shame, as they used to make some cool stuff, and had a very good reputation.

What sort of money are they asking?

Martin

Guest lightnix

It was a lovely desk with some interesting features, but these days I'd give it a miss, mainly because there is no proper moving light facility as such and, as you say, it is probably unsupported. You might be better off looking for a second hand Pearl.

As I recall, the Aviator was supposed to have ML capability, but this was never fully implemented. I think it contains a moving fixture library (probably very out of date by now), but any moving fixtures patched into the desk appear just as a range of unlabelled channels and there is no way of programming presets.

Celco are still around, click here for their website. Maybe they can offer you some advice.

Celco Limited,

Midas House,

Willow Way,

London,

SE26 4QP,

England.

Tel: +44 (0) 20 8699 6788

Fax: +44 (0) 20 8699 5056

Thank you for the info - I was being asked £2000 for the desk, which has got to be pretty much half of a second hand Pearl!

I was really looking for something more theatrery, but got tempted by the acres of virtual faders :o

Tom

I was really looking for something more theatrery

If you're looking for possibly the best small "theatrey" desk you can get, AC Lighting have an ex-demo Strand 520i with 350-channel software on their second-hand list at the moment for £5750.

Archived