ETC offline editor

chris

Hey

Have been trying to download the ETC offline editor. Once downloaded run set-up but get error message 'WinExec failed: return=487'

Anyone any ideas? or had the same problem

Cheers in advance

Chris

Moderation: Repeat of this post removed. Please only post one copy of each post.

WinExec is it trying to execute some external program, which I'd guess it can't find. Ethier It's a program it expects you to have, or a different part of it selt it's failed to install in the right place. for a guess. I don't actaully know what the 487 error code means, so I'm assuming it's file not found but I guess it could be some thing like lack of permissions to run file, depending on your set up,

• 3 months later...

Not the same question as the opening post but the same title.

Just been to a venue using an ETC Express and being the first one on the tour I thought I'd pre plot on the offline editor and take a disc in with me.

This I duly did and put the disc in to find it didn't work. Has anyone else found this problem with the offline editor or was I just being stupid and doing something wrong.

Thanks

Tony

Ps Have also emailed ETC the same question but I thought I might get faster answers on here as I'm back on the road on Monday.

Thanks

Did you save / rename the file as exp2.shw before putting it on the disk? If it's named as anything else it won't work... Using the export function under File (I believe) will also do this for you.

Stu

No I didn't.

Thanks for that Stu.

We have another venue with an ETC Express on the tour and although I have it on disk from last week's venue I will try your advice and see what happens.

Thanks again

Tony

Plus take at least one backup, preferably also on a laptop or something as well. Floppy disks are notorius for suddenly failing when you really need them. This is easy to do in the offline editor.

Just to update. After following Stu's advice I have successfully transfered the show from the offline editor to the desk and in the process enlightened the house crew about the way to get it working.

Thanks again everyone

Tony

Archived