MADI stagebox that can be run as a standalone unit?

rlower

Hi there.

Currently weighing up options for a recording setup.

Looking into digital consoles...

The ideal would be...

- 48 channel (or 64) stage box with MADI output card (linking into a pro tools HD setup).

- Remote controlled preamps, WITHOUT the use of a console surface.

- Small to Medium sized console surface for live broadcast mixing.

- A system that could also be used as a FOH or monitor console at gigs.

This would allow me be have the stagebox in my protools rack for smaller recording setups (basically using the stagebox as a rack of preamps).

For larger multitrack recordings I could have the stagebox on stage with my splits, and have the pro tools setup off stage.

For live broadcast recordings I would have the console and pro tools setup in a truck, with stagebox/splits on stage.

Now...

Anyone aware of a relatively low budget system that could work?

Currently I can only think of the iLive system. I could use a laptop to control preamps using software.

The advantage of the system is I could just buy the mixrack and hire a surface locally whenever I do live broadcasts.

Can anyone think of any alternatives?

Can the soundcraft compact stagebox be controlled remotely without a surface?

Appreciate any input.

Regards,

Richard

As far as I am aware, the compact stageboxes from Soundcraft act in exactly the same manner as the full sized ones, but just have fewer I/Os, and so yes, they would be controllable from a laptop with the Vi virtual software on. However, it's also my understanding that other than the demo version of the compact stagebox, none have been produced yet, or at least distributed to end users, but a fill sized stagebox would set out back (according to a quote I got earlier this year) at about £9K.

As far as I am aware, the compact stageboxes from Soundcraft act in exactly the same manner as the full sized ones, but just have fewer I/Os, and so yes, they would be controllable from a laptop with the Vi virtual software on. However, it's also my understanding that other than the demo version of the compact stagebox, none have been produced yet, or at least distributed to end users, but a fill sized stagebox would set out back (according to a quote I got earlier this year) at about £9K.

I thought it was in production? Not in any rush anyway.

I wasn't aware the Vi virtual software could run online with a console - I thought it was just an offline editor.

I know Studer have just released a Studer badged version of the same compact stagebox.

I've been offered an excellent price for the iLive system though. Making it quite hard to justify spending more...

Check out the Digico SD Rack or D Racks. Both can be remote controlled without the use of a console, and can additionally be controlled by any of the digico line.

If you want to go with a D-Rack based system you can even connect it directly into protools via Dante...

Archived