Avo Azure Shadow 2004 - External Keyboard

cfmjohn

Hi all,

I just want to check that the Azure Shadow 2004 does have an external keyboard input. I've had a read at the Azure manual and it mentions a QWERTY input but there's no more detail given. Does anyone know that the shadow definately has the socket and what type of socket it is?

I was looking at the back of the desk today and completely forgot to look for a keyboard input :rolleyes: and Google seems to be of no help at all.

Thanks

John

Hey John,

It has got an external QWERTY keyboard input, but it's one of the older, larger style keyboard sockets (well, it is on mine anyway). You can easily grab an adapter of eBay or somewhere. You can also use the 11-50 keys as a keyboard for naming things, they also act as a QWERTY layout keyboard.

Ben.

Hi all,

I just want to check that the Azure Shadow 2004 does have an external keyboard input. I've had a read at the Azure manual and it mentions a QWERTY input but there's no more detail given. Does anyone know that the shadow definately has the socket and what type of socket it is?

I was looking at the back of the desk today and completely forgot to look for a keyboard input :rolleyes: and Google seems to be of no help at all.

Thanks

John

I have an azure shadow. its a serial port {might be the wrong name, but it aint a usb thats for sure} for the keyboard.

Why do you ask though? I label /rename every mem playback box on the screen using the built in character map and I find it easy and fast.

I'm new to avo desks and I've to program & op one tomorrow night, so I'm just making sure I'm prepared. The keyboard was just for quickness plus I'm obsessive when it comes to labelling things, I didn't realise it was the playbacks that became the keyboard.

I was worried incase I had to set each letter, one at a time, using the jog wheels. If it's easy to use the internal keyboard map thats brilliant!

Thanks for the info

John

I'm new to avo desks and I've to program & op one tomorrow night, so I'm just making sure I'm prepared. The keyboard was just for quickness plus I'm obsessive when it comes to labelling things, I didn't realise it was the playbacks that became the keyboard.

I was worried incase I had to set each letter, one at a time, using the jog wheels. If it's easy to use the internal keyboard map thats brilliant!

Thanks for the info

John

its like texting on an old nokia with out t9 predictive text.

if ever that shadow is for sale give me a p.m.

goboloco.

Thanks for the info

John

Its easy to label on the azure. all the playback keys are different letters. its like using a keyboard..

Archived