Zero 88 Sirius 24

PaulDF

Hi, I have just submitted a post in "Biggest technical disaster mid performance" (although it happened just before!!) regarding putting a remote Go switch on a Sirius 24 board. Just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem. I have just downloaded the manual from Zero 88 website which says to put a switch between pins 1 and 8 (different to my manual??). Has anyone else out there tried this? I am reluctant to try this again without any help, although I will not be using the board for another month so at least plenty of play time!!. :(

Two things to check (both of which might be obvious, but probably worth mentioning!). Is there any stray solder shorting across adjacent pins on your connector? And are you sure you're looking at the connector the right way round (e.g. are you looking at the solder side instead of the 'external' side by mistake)?

Hi, thanks for the replies,

I have just checked the connector for stray solder and polarity. I may try the instructions downloaded from the Sirius website. I will try e-mailing zero 88 in the new year and hang up my soldering iron until I have spoke to them!!!

Thanks again,

:( :( :P Have a Merry X-mas and a happy new year everyone. :angry: :D :)

I will try e-mailing zero 88 in the new year

Don't know if it's of any use to you, but we have two representatives from Zero88 who are Blue Room members and regular contributors - look for users "Potassium Neuf" (who, it appears, is having a birthday today!) or "NZ88" - I'm sure one or other of them will be able to help you.

• 2 weeks later...

:unsure: Hi, I have now got my Sirius remote go switch to work!!! :stagecrew: .

I followed the instructions in the online manual which instructs to put a switch between pins 1 & 8 on the external control and it worked!.

Thanks to all for your help,

Paul F. :blink:

Archived