Largest collection of scanners in a club!! Cool video!

richardc1983

Hey all...

Havent posted in a while but thought you would like to see this cool video of a club in Linz, Austria.

They have a wall with about 250 Scanners on... Wouldnt like to service all them! However what a cool effect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce_UcoCDj8M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJKfPWRVrDc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2pIT_bHDqg

One more video there but it wouldnt let me embed it Further video

Hey all...

Havent posted in a while but thought you would like to see this cool video of a club in Linz, Austria.

They have a wall with about 250 Scanners on... Wouldnt like to service all them! However what a cool effect!

Look brilliant! - Shame about David Guetta... B-)

How about the

I count 2 banks of an 8 x 8 grid either side the projection screen.

It wasn't projection. It was EC-20 LED wall.

And anyway, it could he any brand/model of scanner, the video is way to vague to tell...

Thanks.

As your so quick to point out that it wasnt projection, you can see that the lights in question were in fact not scanners at all but 101's hence the title of the video. Also spoting the visability of the moving heads and their LED output makes me wonder how on earth you can so flippantly say "it could he any brand/model of scanner"

Dont be so quick to cut someone down eh ?........

Hey all...

Look brilliant! - Shame about David Guetta... B-)

How about the

I count 2 banks of an 8 x 8 grid either side the projection screen.

It wasn't projection. It was EC-20 LED wall.

And anyway, it could he any brand/model of scanner, the video is way to vague to tell...

Thanks.

As your so quick to point out that it wasnt projection, you can see that the lights in question were in fact not scanners at all but 101's hence the title of the video. Also spoting the visability of the moving heads and their LED output makes me wonder how on earth you can so flippantly say "it could he any brand/model of scanner"

I think he was referring to the OP's video which clearly is scanners..

I read it as:

I wonder what Brand and make they are.

it could he any brand/model of scanner, the video is way to vague to tell...

which makes sense.

I've got to say I did love the irony of the end comment!

The MAC101s do look quite nice in a relatively high density like that though. Just a shame that you need so many to get that sort of effect! If you only had 9 in a 3x3 layout it wouldn't quite have the same impact ;-)

Have to say it but OVERKILL! Not just the scans but the CO2 jets. Utterly terrible in club environments that don't have beefy sound systems.

Back to the scanners though, a whole wall of scanners is a cool idea but really, it's one of these scenarios where a club blows millions on lighting and projections, believing that they'll think it will look amazing and that it will last a very long time.

Checking recent videos out of the club, it seems they have replaced the whole lot with an LED video wall.

No surprise there really. I bet they thought it looked cool at the time until they saw their monthly maintenance bills!

I read it as:

I wonder what Brand and make they are.

it could he any brand/model of scanner, the video is way to vague to tell...

which makes sense.

I've got to say I did love the irony of the end comment!

The MAC101s do look quite nice in a relatively high density like that though. Just a shame that you need so many to get that sort of effect! If you only had 9 in a 3x3 layout it wouldn't quite have the same impact ;-)

I thought they needed huge amounts of smoke to get the effect, not practical in some places, and the led really is a wash with a tightish beam, so not really a very good mid air smoke effect, scanners would have been more pronounced. The effect was lost most of the time because of the different density of the smoke, and in any room it would just look like a flood lighting effect.

Wasn't impressed with them at the show. sorry.

As others have already kindly pointed out. I was referring to the OPs video about the scanners. The video IS too vague to be able to recognise makes and models. (The video in post #1)

I am very aware of Martins 2010 Plasa stand. I spend a fair deal of time there this year catching up with a number of Martins product managers. I even spoke in detail with the man who programmed the booth! I know the different between a wall of scanners and Mac 101s, they are light years apart.

Thanks,

For those interested in what the scanners are, I've had a little root around on the club's gallery page and found them to actually be Futurelight DJ Scan 250's...

http://www.empire-club.at/imgs/pics/large/linz_223_00108.jpg

I'm guessing they must have ALOT of power to get the rows of scans to fire up. I'm guessing the power would be staggered?

Theres a similar thing with 300 VL5s that was used for the TV3 season launch in Spain. We've got some pics of it at the top of the page here: http://chamsys.co.uk/magicq_pixelmapp. Quite a nice effect, but I bet it was rather toasty!

Same thing was used in the movie version of ''Dreamgirls'' Think these are VL500's though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ebkUui0U4c

Archived