Sennheiser ew100 G2 radio mic receiver problem

nolly

I have problem with a Sennheiser ew100 G2 clip-on radio mic receiver.

I have two of these and have used the extra one to isolate the problem. When I switch it on, one of the receivers shows received rf and received audio but nothing is heard from the output. I have tried it with 2 different mics and on various settings including squelch, AF out & Pilot. Still nothing at all heard.

However if I shout into the mic repeatedly, after about 10 seconds, a crackle is heard and then the receiver springs into life. It is then okay until the next time. Clearly this is useless.

I could send it to Sennheiser - I think that they have a standard repair rate, but before I proceed, has anyone any ideas?

Nolly

I cant remember with the G1's, is there an output gain on the back of the reciever? do you have another actual reciever (not the belt pack) that you can tune to to see if its the beltpacks problem or the reciever?

also make sure the squelch on both reciever and belpack are set to low.

However if I shout into the mic repeatedly, after about 10 seconds, a crackle is heard and then the receiver springs into life. It is then okay until the next time.

That sounds a lot like the symptoms you'd normally experience with a dry joint. If you're a dab hand with a soldering iron, you could have a dig around inside and see if you can spot it and resolder. I can't remember if the output connections are PCB mounted but if they are, that would be a good starting point - if they've been stressed, it has potential to lead to intermittent problems like you describe.

Archived