Thomann

SLM-285

Hi Guys!

Just wondering about Thomann. Their prices are great and everything, but when you order kit from them (from the UK international Cyberstore) does it come with an EU power plug or GB?

Thanks in advance, simple query, simple answer :** laughs out loud **:

SLM285

Just a little rant but whilst we all enjoy the prices on the internet from Thomann ect its questions like this that waves the flag for supporting your local dealer! You may pay a bit more but cost out the help and support ( and even a cup of tea) and it makes far more sense to shop locally.

Thomann kit usually comes with EU plugs NOT UK 3 pin plugs.

Certainly not an excuse for not supporting you local supplier but personally I’ve had no issues what so ever when I’ve needed support from Thomann, they've always dealt with things promptly and via email so no expensive phone calls etc.. And replacement parts straight to the front door so usually costed less than having to visit a local supplier. Only my experiance, ymmv.

Cheers

Matt

Just a little rant but whilst we all enjoy the prices on the internet from Thomann ect its questions like this that waves the flag for supporting your local dealer! You may pay a bit more but cost out the help and support ( and even a cup of tea) and it makes far more sense to shop locally.

I'm also for supporting local dealers (or distributors in my case) but when this week I needed to order an item for a customer, I was told by the UK distributor that it was out of stock for 4-6 weeks. Thomann had it ex stock and it was the same price as the UK so they got the order.

Ditto a Yamaha synth I tried to order about 5 years ago, Thomann were a good £100 cheaper than trade (which is ALOT cheaper to me) and ditto with a Mackie desk I ordered for a customer; I could not buy one at trade price in the UK.

I've also ordered 'The Box' speaker parts as they are the same as certain DJ branded chinese speakers here in the UK (Kam, Skytronic etc) . I needed some in a hurry and Kam were out of stock and Skytronic said they didnt supply spares anyway.

Is there any wonder that Thomann get my business?

im all for supprting local dealers, and do as often as I can!

however I wanted a load of low cost reliable led parcans, the ones I picked out were about £45 each, in the uk the similar ones are priced approx £85 each

multiply that by 16 and thomann cost me £720, free shipping, in the uk would have cost me £1360, saving me £640, plus the uk ones come with a years warranty (which id have to pay to ship the goods back to the shop), whereas thomann give three year warranty and will collect my goods free of charge!

sometimes its a real no brainer

Archived