Basic DJ software!

richie1575

Hi all!

I rarely do discos these days, but have a few family & mate's weddings coming up this year. The bulk of my music is now in Itunes. Rather than dust off my old Numark CD Mix, I'd like to use my laptop, but I need some half decent DJ software... I know there's plenty of freeware out there but I don't mind paying for someting reasonable, but basic! Can anyone offer any advice!

Thanks! Richie

+1 for virtual DJ.

Great for beginners to the program, and lots more extras for those a little more adventurous.

Demo link can be found here.

If anyone wants some extra skins, PM me.

E2A.

If you are going to use your laptop, I'd seriously think about investing in an external sound card.

Using the 'headphone out' socket will sound awful, unless you have a decent internal card.

Search at the top, there are loads of topics about this on the BR.

Hi all!

I rarely do discos these days, but have a few family & mate's weddings coming up this year. The bulk of my music is now in Itunes. Rather than dust off my old Numark CD Mix, I'd like to use my laptop, but I need some half decent DJ software... I know there's plenty of freeware out there but I don't mind paying for someting reasonable, but basic! Can anyone offer any advice!

Thanks! Richie

Richie 1575:

Hello Rich,

I would say invest in Traktor Pro! Its a solid bit of kit, Made from NI you know your getting a good product.....

I work with many of the worlds top DJ's and see them use this product all the time, you just cannot go wrong....

Look for the Audio 2 sound card.....

Alex

Thanks for your input! A mate of mine has a bootleg copy of Virtual DJ but it has bugs in it... only think I'd need the basic version!

John Denim... tell me more on sound cards... the one is this laptop is truly awful and I'd like my EV RX system/Camco amps to shine!!

Many Thanx again guys!

Richie

This is the card I bought for less than £50, no buzzing or ground loops problems.

USB 2 and optical out, and virtually the size of a pack of cigarettes.

One of my best buys ever.

Whichever you choose, it will certainly make a huge difference to the sound quality.

Hi all!

Thanks! Richie

Richie 1575:

Hello Rich,

I would say invest in Traktor Pro! Its a solid bit of kit, Made from NI you know your getting a good product.....

I work with many of the worlds top DJ's and see them use this product all the time, you just cannot go wrong....

Look for the Audio 2 sound card.....

Alex

Traktor Pro isn't exactly basic is it! And way out of budget I'd imagine. If you're going to go all out then Serato is the better choice anyway.

well serato and traktor pro are a debate best kept off this thread, infact even this forum. Needless to say £500+ for a program isnt in the budget options that the OP was suggesting

Personally id go for PCDJ Red, its about £80 from memory, its very stable, good backup and plenty of satisfied users out there. It also has an automix facility which is handy (dont let it beatmatch though, just do a fade in, fade out with 10 seconds to go!)

Archived