MAD 305 HT scans

q-light

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where I can get a user manual for a MAD 305 HT scan - I know some people will say these are disco scans so go to a dj forum but I thought someone here might be able to help. Have tried EVL who were supposed to have taken over from MAD but with no luck - does anyone have a pdf or something similar?

many thanks

Thanks Kevin.

I tried Abstract who said that although the 305 was a Mad unit it was not designed by them but it had be done by EVL who I can't get a reply from. I accept that it is not really in their interest to support old Mad designs. Someone out there must have a user manual - a photocopy would do!

many thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks paulears - sorry about the typo - I meant HP not HT

The pdf has the info I needed - cheers!

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

Hi,

By the way - I tried EVL - spoke to a really helpful guy in their tech department - sadly they do not hold any Mad info on their computer system anymore.

• 11 years later...

I finally got in - but it looks like the current server is a migration of an old one - so looks like I changed host at some point in 2012. It will probably be on an old drive somewhere - but I'm not home till mid Jan. From memory, it only used 4 DMX channels and the manual was a pretty basic thing. I seriously doubt it would help you. What do you want to know?

• Upvote 1

Sorry but those manuals are not relevant to the 305HP. The manuals linked to on our website are from more recent history when Abstract bought the Mad trademark and released some different units. The 305HP is from the original range of Mad scanners.

As Paul says they were 4 DMX channels. Some of them had a novel pushbutton interface with a single 7-segment display in place of the usual dip switches. I can't remember how that works.