Smoke Replacement

jexjexjex

Hi All.

I'm looking to replace my smokers with something a bit more reliable and I'm looking for suggestions.

I've currently got a pair of Antari's (Z800 & Z1000), but whilst they're only 4 years old, they're both on pump number 3!

These two machines are fine for the size of venues that I'm normally in, so similar power and output would be fine. DMX is not a necessity, but a timer remote is. A wireless remote option would also be a bonus.

I don't have a budget figure, but to get better quality/reliability I know I'm going to have to pay more than I did for the Antari's.

Open to ideas and looking for input.

Joe

May be worth trying Le Maitre Speedfoggers. You can get a timer remote version. £500 ish I think) We use G300s, Maxifoggers and Microfogs in hire stock and have run them for years. I've not tried the Speedforgger but the service requirements seem to be pretty level across all their products. G300s are probably the best for keeping going as they have twin fluid lines and pumps and our oldest one has only had 2 pumps changed in about 12 years of hire.

Happy hunting!

Either spend lots on a UK agented machine with spares available and a service facility, OR buy the cheapest available ie maplin asda etc and buy a dozen.

The pump, heater and block will fail in time and the electronics will fail if anyone fills the machine with fluid while filling the tank.

Jem (Martin) have just released their ZR44 [Or soon to be released, was at Plasa]. Its basically an upgraded ZR33 which I know alot of people have a use reguarly, appear to be reliable and the Martin's support network is excellent.

Or if you're after haze the K1 is extremely efficient if not maybe a bit out of your price range?

Archived