Upgrade from Nexo PS15 system

LeroyOZ

Hello all.

I am currently using 2 PS15 and 2 LS1200's. I also have a spare pair of PS15's.

If I was to move up to something more powerful what would be some options, or should I just get another couple of LS1200's?

Mostly used for weddings and functions, with occasional small outdoor do's.

Cheers.

Also, anyone have a spare powersoft Q4004 going for a good price?

Hi,

That is a pretty decent system you are using. Just wondering why you should want something more powerful bearing in mind you do?

FWIW I would either sell the spare pare of 15s or use them for foldback as IIRC they have the weird horn so they won't work well together if you put them side by side. Then I would stick with the system you have and just hire for bigger gigs until you come to a point where the number and nature of gigs you are getting justifies buying a new rig rather than hiring. If that is where you are then I would suggest that you will really need to sell the Nexo system and start again.

I am guessing that I really haven't given you the answer you wanted but, as my wife Hazel has jut asked me, do I ever?

Good luck.

Andy

Just wondering what size venues you are starting to do?

One of the massive benefits of the PS range is that it has a relatively small footprint and it can be very, very loud :)

Well, up until recently I have been doing mostly weddings, functions and pub gigs up to around 250 ppl, but now I have been asked to do a few at 500 ppl and a couple of small outdoor things and was starting to wonder about the limitations of this system. Am I not giving it the credit it deserves?

One of the massive benefits of the PS range is that it has a relatively small footprint and it can be very, very loud :)

Well, up until recently I have been doing mostly weddings, functions and pub gigs up to around 250 ppl, but now I have been asked to do a few at 500 ppl and a couple of small outdoor things and was starting to wonder about the limitations of this system. Am I not giving it the credit it deserves?

I think you might be underestimating it yes, I've seen a 4 x PS15 and a 2 x LS1200 rig do about 1250 people outside without any worries.

I think you might be underestimating it yes, I've seen a 4 x PS15 and a 2 x LS1200 rig do about 1250 people outside without any worries.

Wow. Ok. I just feel that I could do with more bottom end. Maybe another pair of LS1200's and I'll be happy..........

Wow. Ok. I just feel that I could do with more bottom end. Maybe another pair of LS1200's and I'll be happy..........

What kind of thing are you putting through it? Are we talking drum and bass or live rock acts?

I'm using two Camco Tecton 38.4's

Well, that seems like a great choice, well matched to the speakers. I assume you're using one for the 2 x PS15s and one for the bass pair. Are you using a Nexo TD controller as well?

Yes. The TD Analogue MkII.

Archived