Free PLASA passes

Ryster

Don't know if anyone here is planning on going to PLASA this year, but if you don't have your ticket yet I've noticed "TechieTalk" are giving away some free passes for the exhibition.

It might be too late by now because it was posted on their site yesterday, but it's worth a try if you want one!

http://www.techietalk.co.uk/news/technician-talk-plasa09/

EDIT: Seems I can't use the name of the site here properly, it changes "T e c h I e" to technician, haha! Can't even post the correct URL... Blue Room FAIL :-) Try this shortened one instead:

http://bit.ly/nQETM

I have not been before, but may visit this year.

My interest is primarily retail and architectural lighting, not theatre. However there are increaseing similarities between the two, with theatre stlye lanterns being increasing used for retail display lighting. I especialy want to see the new 50 watt LED lantern that is discussed on these forums, and other new LED products.

IMHO incandescent theatre lanterns are a mature technology that will remain in use for many years, but are unlikely to change much.

LED technology is however improving rapidly, and I wish to keep abreast of the latest developments.

Is the show open to anyone willing to pay the admission charge ? or will I have to prove a trade connection ?

Guest lightnix

Coming to this a bit late, but I have six spare registration codes left over, which I'm willing to make available to professional BR members, or students on industry-related courses. Sorry - no schoolkids.

First come, first served.

Please PM me if you would like to claim one.

Please don't claim one, unless you are absolutely, definitely going to use it.

e2a... Please claim before Friday 11th, as I'll be at EC setting up from then and away from the comp.

Is the show open to anyone willing to pay the admission charge ? or will I have to prove a trade connection ?

It's rather expected you'll have some sort of trade connection, no one will ask you to prove it, though you are asked to give your employer and job title for your badge.

....and in the vain of lightnix's post above if you have an interest in Software based lighting control then we also have a few passes left.

There are 'pay on the door' ticket machines in the entrance to the EC1 hall (not the foyer as has been a few years ago), which as far as I remember the sign saying yesterday - were credit card ones so you can get a pass on the day.

Uni students arent exempt from paying. If you don't have a pass, you can't get in. If you don't have a pass yet, and don't know anyone to get a free one from, you need to buy one. As mentioned 2 posts up - you can buy these on the door. :-) hth.

Uni students arent exempt from paying. If you don't have a pass, you can't get in. If you don't have a pass yet, and don't know anyone to get a free one from, you need to buy one. As mentioned 2 posts up - you can buy these on the door. :-) hth.

Yep, found out today :huh:

Archived