SGM Giotto 1200w Wash

dunk

Evening All,

Does anyone know which replacement lamp goes into a SGM Gitto Wash 1200w? I cant find anything on the SGM website and I am getting lots of mixed results on google. FYI, they have an electronic ballast with hot restrike facility- apparently.

Thanks

Dunc

According to the manual (http://www.sgmtechnologyforlighting.com/dam/bo/upload/files/213_m001190_en_1_00.zip) they are MSR1200.

Is that the correct 1200w wash?

that's the one! Are there not many new types of msr 1200's on the Market? Reason why I ask is that there are many more variants on the Market that weren't around at the time of production of the Giotto wash 1200 and if there are better and improved lamps, it would be good to get the better option.

Thanks, duncan

Not really. There are all the variants like double-end, short arc, fast fit etc. but essentially I don't think anything has changed. I would assume it is important the characteristics stay the same for the fixtures original design.

MSR is Philips.

You could alternatively use CSR (GE) or HSR (Osram)

I don't like the SR types though. Very low effective life with quickly darkening envelopes. That is why I am now experimenting with MSD instead. I have not had any problems.

I'd give a large supplier a call, such as stage electrics. They have enough techs there who should be able to confirm what bulb to use, but I personally would go for a Phillips MSR1200/2.

I'd give a large supplier a call, such as stage electrics. They have enough techs there who should be able to confirm what bulb to use, but I personally would go for a Phillips MSR1200/2.

I used to be service manager for the UK supplier and it is a MSR1200/2

I used to be service manager for the UK supplier and it is a MSR1200/2

Thanks for that Ben. Out of interest, what is the difference between the MSR 1200 and the MSR 1200/2?

Thanks

Dunc

Archived