Canon XH G1 and Sony BRC-Z700

AndrewLightoller

Hi,

I'm currently installing a multicamera system for live work in our theatre. In a previous installation I used Sony BRC-300 cameras but found out that they have an output delay of 1 to 2 frames. This together with the Mixer (MX-70) and other equipment causes lip sync issues when projecting close up images on the live screens.

I'm told that the Sony BRC-Z700 does not have this output delay and therefore should be more suitable for my current installation. Can anyone confirm this?

I'm also looking at using a couple of Canon XH G1 for manual and roving cameras using the genlock input to sync them in. Does anyone know whether I can output a genlocked Composite signal (via BNC) from this camera and if so does it have any delay on the output?

(We're running composite for all the video cabling.)

Thanks,

Andrew.

I heard the delay on the Sony BRC-300 comes from hanging them upside down

have a look at vaddio.com they have better controllers than the sony which is awful.

We've avoided the sony system due to this in favour of fujinon pan/tit heads.

beefy security cam p/t heads work well too

be nice if sony built a DMX controllable version of their brc's

and the xh-g1 does have genlock in

I heard the delay on the Sony BRC-300 comes from hanging them upside down

have a look at vaddio.com they have better controllers than the sony which is awful.

We've avoided the sony system due to this in favour of fujinon pan/tit heads.

beefy security cam p/t heads work well too

be nice if sony built a DMX controllable version of their brc's

and the xh-g1 does have genlock in

Thanks, must admit that I haven't tried the BRC-300s the right way up. Can't change the previous installation but it might help on the current one. Only issue there is that we would restrict the downwards view of the camera which might be a pain for audience shots.

I'll have a look at the Vaddio stuff but have concerns over the additional cost... :-)

Cheers,

Archived