Small ladder trusses

Dave

A client of mine has a need to hang a lightweight drape across a span of 7 metres, with supports only at each end.

I've used Trilite 200 ladder section to do this before, but it's a bit overkill for them and I'm wondering if there's an alternative.

Apart from Trilite 100, which I don't like the look of, does anyone know of any "mini" ladder trusses? I'm not aware of any, but I might not be looking hard enough.

Or is there a better solution? It needs to be able to be split into sections for touring.

Thanks,

Dave.

Would some short lengths of (?alu / steel) scaff and scaff couplers be strong enough?

I have considered making up a pole as you suggest, but it would undoubtedly sag a bit over the distance. Steel would be less likely to sag than aluminium, but it would be a lot heavier, which I don't like. Also, it must be simple enough to be able to be rigged by dancers :D.

Ah but truss looks soooo much sexier (esp. when uplit in #346)

I think the drape would end up covering the truss, but I know what you mean. Spoken like a true lampie ;).

Could you enlighten (sorry) me as to what 346 is. It's not in my Lee swatchbook! I'd guess it's a blue of some sort.

Thanks,

Dave.

Ah but truss looks soooo much sexier (esp. when uplit in #346)

I think the drape would end up covering the truss, but I know what you mean. Spoken like a true lampie :D.

Could you enlighten (sorry) me as to what 346 is. It's not in my Lee swatchbook! I'd guess it's a blue of some sort.

Thanks,

Dave.

#346 is Rosco 346 Tropical Magenta. Nearest Lee match would probably be L328 Follies Pink. #349 Fisher Fushia is nice too.

Of course L181 would be nice or L729 Scuba Blue. Anyway, I digress! Or L707 ;)

Stu

Prolyte Products do a "decorative" truss range: the E15 or the E20 should do the job - it's a bit better made (IMO) than the trilite stuff, but probably more expensive too...

Prolyte

If you read the blurb, it reckons in regard to the smallest version; "Due to its compactness paired to high-tech looks, this truss offers the ideal solution for small boots or displays." Boots? Doesn't sound very comfy. :D

Archived