Behringer LC2412..

mynameishsz

I recently got this controller, and I've been entirely confused. I'm not really into lighting but am will to learn. Anyways the lights I have are, chauvet kinta, chauvet intimindator 1.2. I only messed with the preset and that's the only thing I know how to do. I'm just asking if anybody can guide me along on other things. Thanks, any help with be appreciated..

Hi.

I take it you didn't have much luck reading the manual :) . I will definitely agree that the inculded manual is pretty much useless. From what you said it looks like you've already got the board working with the lights? The next thing you can do is to program what the board calls "memories", which are basically individual scenes or looks. I know most other boards I've used call them submasters. To write one, set the presets how you like it, press "memory" the bump button below the slider you want it on, then tap the appropriate soft key (A or B), and that's it. Writing cues or "chases" is very similar. The chases are nothing more that lists of scenes that run consecutively. To program a chase, tap "chase" select the chase number using the wheel, and press the appropriate soft key. Now just simply set each scene how you want it and record it by again pressing the appropriate soft key. To play a chase back just selesct it by holding down the "number" button and turning the wheel until you select it. Release the "number" button and raise the appropriate farders and you should be good to go. I have a great deal of experience with this board so feel free to PM me regarding any other questions about this board.

Good luck

-Jeff

Basically the chase mode on the board allows you to run a series of separate cues or scenes consecutively. For instance, to make your scanner move (not using the scanner's built in sound activation feature), you would need to write a series of cues that change the individual traits (pan, tilt, gobo...). The reason I was calling them scenes was that I think that's what the manaul calls them, but I could be wrong as threw out the manual because it was too confusing. To program a chase, tap the "chase" key. Select the chase number (1-99) by turning the wheel until the desired chase number is shown. The board will prompt for "level" or "memory". Select level if you want to design with the presets or memory if you want to design off of previously written memories (if you're going to use the presets, make sure you set the led bank to display P before you begin programming). It will then say "Step 1". Set your lights how you want them and press "enter". The board will then advance to step 2. Again, set the lights how you want them and press enter. Do this as many times as desired. When you're done press "quit", and you're good to go. The board will automatically link the last step in the chase to the first. I think I explained how to play a chase in my previous post, so give that a try. I know this can take a little getting used to, but keep in mind this board is designed primarily for use with PARs and stagelights, so that's why a few of the features make programming moving lights a little tricky.

-Jeff

I believe each Kinta requires two channels of DMX, and I think your Intimidators requires 5 each, so that means you'd need 14 channels. The Behringer board you're using can control 24 channels (26 if you count the two specials), so yes, you can control all four lights with it. Of course, you'll have to write the programs that let you control the fixtures the way that you want ;)

As far as better controllers for scanners go, there are many to choose from. Since it seems you're partial to Chauvet, you may want to consider the DMX 70. I have never used a Chauvet controller, but that board has a lot of features specifically for moving lights (joystick...). If you've got a slightly larger budget take a look at the Martin Freekie. Since you've got the Behringer board I don't see much sense in replacing it. True, the board is not meant to control moving lights, and I use mine to control strobes and pars, but you can use it for small moving lights like what you have. I've controlled a pair of Novascans with it without any trouble. It really depends what kind of features you want, like joysticks, multiple universes, and programming palettes, which also cost more money and may be overkill for your application.

-Jeff

Hey do you have aim or any instant messager cause I have hella more questions to ask.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

Actually, nevermind.. I will ask here, anyways how does the sound to light work. I put sound on but it doesn't work, and ya its connected to my mixer. Oh thanks for the thing bout scenes, I figured it out =]

Archived