Strand 200 patching

Zero88_sam

Ok guys here is the problem . at my school we have a strand 200 desk witch needs repatched to be used with our chilli pro dimmers. the problem we have is that we have two seperate dimmers so setting DMX address 1 to fader 1 puts both adress one from each dimmer to the fader .In the past I have had to patch from the dimmers but now want to patch from the desk .

ANY answers or help would be welcome.

thanks

sam.

<_< ?

It sounds like both dimmers start addresses are set to 1, you will need to change the start address of the second dimmer to a suitable number (usually the number of channels in the first dimmer plus 1)

If both dimmers have the same start address then you can't control them separately (unless the 200 has two isolated inputs, which I don't think it does)

setting DMX address 1 to fader 1 puts both adress one from each dimmer to the fader .

You need to set the DMX channel on the 2nd dimmer to 25 (assuming 24 channel dimmer) then channels 1-24 on the desk will operate dimmer 1 and channels 25-48 will operate the second dimmer pack

Mi-ul

Yup.

It is possible to set the patch on a 200 to different channels but as has been pointed out you sound as though both of your Chili dimmer racks are set to the same base address.

As Mi-ul has said, set the second rack to suit the number of channels on them.

ie if 6-way racks, the channels must be 1 and 7, 12-way racks are 1 and 13, 24-ways need to be 1 and 25.

As have said before, your dimmers are addressed the same. You can SOFT-PATCH from the board, but not set the address.

To soft patch

hit menu button (F2 I think under the LCD screen)

scroll down until you see patch (using the arrow keys)

You have a choice then of either de-fault patch or edit patch

In a slight alteration to the previous post, you hit F3to go to the Setup menu and as Patch is the first item in this menu you can hit F3 again to goto the Patch menu. Now hit F3 again to go into the Edit Patch menu.

The command format is: Dimmer @ Channel * (* = enter).

For example is I wanted dimmer 17 on channel 10 I would type in: 17 @ 10 *

Now say that you didn't want dimmer 10 on channel 10 (it's already there because the board is on a 1:1 patch by default) you would type: 10 @ 10 @ * to unpatch dimmer 10 from channel 10. You can ulso do more dimmers at once by using the +, - and > keys (plus, minus and thru). For example, 10 + 13 + 17 > 23 - 20 @ 5 * would patch dimmers 10, 13, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23 to channel 5. To patch a channel to a lower level (because, for example, you had two lamps on the same channel but one was brighter than the other) you could type 5 @ 16 @ 80 * to patch dimmer 5 to channel 16 but the maximum output (when the fader is at 100%) would be 80%, therefore every 10% of the fader level would give a 8% output on dimmer 5 but a 100% output on dimmer 16 if it's patch hasn't been altered.

Hope this helps!

Archived