Competition Time

Brian

As this forum is intended for our student colleagues to discuss issues about their productions we reckon they should get to name it. So it's competition time. The rules are simple...

Only students in full time education may enter

Only sensible suggestions

The Blue Room Admin and Moderation team's decision is final

The closing date for suggestions is 8pm on Sunday 20th April

...to enter simply make a reply to this topic with your suggestion(s). After the closing date all the best suggestions will be made into a poll which will run for 7 days. The poll winner will be used as the name for this new forum.

Something like "The Youth Club" but less naff.

Kind regards

The Blue Room Admin and Moderation Team

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to say... The Gaffa Forum! <_<

I say this because our school use a lot of this stuff for our shows: we pratically live by the stuff! For our Christmas Concert we had to gaffa* up our curtains because they're in such a bad state (though I think we're going to be getting some new ones :** laughs out loud **: ). If you want to be a technician and don't learn anything else at school at least learn how to use Gaffa Tape!

[*Isn't 'Gaffa' the greatest word in existance?]

I'm going to say... The Gaffa Forum! <_< I say this because our school use a lot of this stuff for our shows...

As does the rest of the industry...:** laughs out loud **:

I'd suggest 'The Library' based on how many students seem to use this as a replacement for one, but I'm not sure that'd go down too well with some people...

I'm going to say... The Gaffa Forum! <_< I say this because our school use a lot of this stuff for our shows...

As does the rest of the industry... :** laughs out loud **:

Yes, I said that you need to learn how to use it if you want to be a technician, but I missed out the part saying how useful it would be in later life ;)

Anyway, I still think that 'The Gaffa Forum' has quite a ring to it... :P

The Future? ;)

:** laughs out loud **: I love it.

How abouuut...... *thinks long and hard* Nope, I got nothing <_< .

"Runners Corner"

Lets be honest, we all start out there, even if we think we dont!

So true! The two most professional jobs I have done were as a runner figure, both on TdF and NFL Tailgate event. Very tiring but very much worth it.

EDIT: My vote would definately be behind the two mentioned above.

"Steve".

haha...im going with this one for obvious reasons!

With "the office" and "the crew room" I think it should be a room so it fits, and maybe "the theatre" is too grand...so how about "the classroom"?

steve

edit: read on in the forum a noticed about full time education. Would like to ask where this ends, and I dont mean being arsey and talking about life...are you classing uni? and if so I'm a 20 year old school tech so do I count?

Archived