ETC Express LED Par Fix Files

ryandell

Hello,

I have been looking on ETC's website and haven't had any luck in finding Fixture files for LED par cans. I wonder if anyone has got, made, or knows where I could make the personality files of a general LED par can (5 Channel DMX) for the ETC express desk.

Help is Much Appreciated

Ryan

Dont bother creating a fixture as mentioned above, unless they have a dimmer channel as one of the 5 channels but im guessing not,

it is much easier to patch them as dimmers - a channel for red, a channel for blue, a channel for green, a channel for strobe and a channel for macro (or whatever the last channels are).... say you have 6 led cans from stage left to stage right, number them 01 to 06 in your mind/on your plan then make all the reds 101 to 106, all the greens 201 to 206, all the blues 301 to 306 etc etc to make programming easy and simple.... all of this is mentioned elsewhere so I wont go into detail....

have fun

TJ

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, Well I only have 2 availible LED par's at the moment, But I might be able to get hold of 4, So this would mean me setting a 1-1 patch and then, with the par cans setting 201 to 204 for Red and So on. I tried creating a fixture personality with the provided editor from ETC, but the attributes were a bit vague, and as mentioned it did in the end look much easier to set them in a 1-1 patch, or how you have explained, and set them as a dimmer

Thanks very much

Yep, if you class them as colour you won't be able to fade the LED Par out with a fader, you'd have to wheel down each individual colour. You may also find that once in a cue stack they would snap in and out (at the LTP trigger level).

Looking at the Personality editor, when writing personalities, channels are by default HTP (there is a checkbox for LTP) - many desks (although I am not sure if it is the case with ETC consoles) will fade all HTP channels, not just intensity - so when you create submasters, if a fader is pulled down, all RGB channels will be dimmed uniformly. Much the same for cue lists.

I don't know the express well enough though to be certain that that is the case.

I think that is right for the ETC, but you don't really gain anything over having them patched as dimmers (unless you're running short of dimmer channels).

True, or unless (like some of the crap LED fixtures we have at work) you need to have 3 other "macro" channels homed to various arbitrary values - in which case you are better off with them in fixtures.

Hi,

Ok I think I will patch them in as dimmers and then see what happends with the HTP and LTP side of things applied to the channels. Well I found out that you can select the channels to be LTP or HTP freely on the desk.

Thanks

Ryan

Archived