Abstract VR8 scanner (video link attached) : help needed before NYE&#3

carley

I am fairly new to lighting & have spent all day pickling my head about one of my VR8s not working (I have 2 units)...& I need them for NYE <_< I do not know if it was damaged in transit or what has happened but hopefully you can advise as to what the problem might be & how I can fix it. Unfortunately I could not get hold of support on the phone today :P

Brief description of problem:

VR8 turns on, vibrates a little, displays the DMX number & then C1 (no dots indicating what is "controlling" the scanner) In stand-alone mode the VR8 stands lifeless; a blue light shining at an angle. In slave mode there is a little synchronized movement but not much (there is no color change). This "broken" scanner always seems to want to be the controller...even when it's DMX number is set higher than the other VR8.

Full details of settings etc:

I have tried resetting using the buttons on the front. I have also done a "test mode" & attached a video (youtube:

)to show how little movement it has.

Here are some of the settings from the machine:

I-P - OFF

I-T - OFF

P-T -OFF

CSN - OFF

GSN - ON

CE - ON

DBL - OFF

LSG - 1

LSE - ON

SLO - OFF

STR - ON

SOU - ON

(the settings above are also the same for my "good" VR8)

The "good" VR8 has a DMX setting of 1, the "bad" VR8 has a setting of 25 (I've changed it several times!)

Other Info:

When I press the middle button on the machines the display flashes between 2 numbers...it is different on each machine & seems to vary.

On the back of the mirror of each unit there are some "Trim Mode Values", these are as follows:

"bad" VR8 - T +2.5 / C -6 / P +2.1 / G +1

"good" VR8 - T -4 / C +10 / P -4 / G -2

Video

this is a rather poor video of it in "test mode" just to show the lack of movement:

- good VR8 shown first, bad one second

Many thanks if you can offer any advice on this. I'm going to try & take it to see someone tomorrow....but living in Northern Ireland there are not many options...and with it being Saturday/2 days before NYE I am not overly enthusiastic about getting it seen to!

Archived