strand macro wait?

ollyboustead

Hi, iam mainly a ETC user but I am using a strand this christmas, and enjoying it!

my question is: Is there a way to make a macro wait a predetermine time before continuing with its operation?

What I am trying to do is run a reset macro on a series of moving lights.

At the moment I have a marco that executes all lamps control channel to a set level, I then have to count to 10 and run a second macro to reset the control channel to its normal operating level.

The luminaires have to be held at that level for 10 seconds before they will reset, then returned.

Is there a way to tell the macro to wait 10 seconds then run the restore?

eg: @group499 (reset) MACRO-WAIT 10 @group500 (restore)

the ETC has a "Macro Wait" command that does this, does the strand have a equivalent?

I dont want to write cues that are linked with Wait times etc. I need to run the macro at anytime during the show, and donot wish to disterb playback of cues.

Many thanks

olly

Strand 520i software version 2.8.5

I don't think there is a macro wait function. The only way I could see you doing this is through 2 looped cues run off of the second play back master. Which obviosly isn't ideal!

I may of course be completly wrong, it's happened once before...... :huh:

AndyJones

You could execute this as an effect with a single cycle, for example step one could have no command then step two will fire your next command after a given time... Not in front of a desk at the mo but you get the gist I hope?

HTH

Then make a macro that fires that effect...(just read over my post and realised I had not given all the info needed!)

Or how about this.... Search the BR for "Macro Pause" and it comes up as the first result.

Excellent! many thanks all for your reply's macro pause seems the most feesable so far. Any ideas if there is a way of setting the time? at the moment I will have to 20 pauses to give me 10 seconds of time?

many thanks again

olly

Yes that will work, but only approximately. I believe it's actually more like a 0.6 second pause... so experiment!

on our 520i it apears to be 1 second or very close, works a charm! means I can leave the desk to do the reset while I grab a cuppa during the interval! Nearly halfway though our panto run, yay!

merry Christmas to all PAUSE and to all a good night....

olly

Theatre Royal Brighton

Archived