Where to get LEDs ??

Jake G

I am designing a club and I am going to do the entire club (dining room, dance floor, stage, DJ booth, etc.....) in LEDs. Where would be the best place to get a variety of quality LEDs? I am located in Virginia, US.

Thanks,

Jake

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I really do get the impression that this is one of those occasions where if you have to ask, you shouldnt really be doing the job. When doing installs people tend to work with products they know or use frequently.

There are sooooooo many LED products available from loads of companies. You really do need to be a bit more specific if you want a good answer from someone.

Also, if you're planning to use LED fixtures exclusively on stage, please don't. LEDs can do some cool stuff that conventional fixtures can't; they're a great addition to a generic rig, but they're not a replacement. They're not very effective as spotlights or blinders. They're pretty much worthless for anything involving beam effects. They tend to have a fairly short throw.

Thank you for your input, but I have worked LEDs before and I will be using LEDs (PAR 64s) exclusively on the stage as it is a small stage and the LEDs will be sufficient, we have already made sure of this. And yes I know there are many places to get LED fixtures, but I am just trying to get some more opinions/options. I will be using PARs, Washes, panels, tubes, and pinspots. If anyone can suggest some reputable companies that would be great, but if not, like you said there are loads of companies that I can look into.

Thanks,

Jake G

LED lighting is a bit different from Disco Daves usual install and getting someone who is specifying your install soley out the Chauvet catalogue may not be ideal, sure Chauvet make some good fittings, just may not make all you`ll be wanting.

There is indeed lots of LED fixtures from a lot of companies , some of them aren`t very good and unfortunately price is absolutely no guide to quality.

In the US big league away from CK now Philips CK would suggest having a look at www.ledeffects.com

Well, if you want good quality, bright LED pars, and your on a fairly big budget, then I would consider the Pixel Par's from James Thomas here (although at writing this, the site did seem to be down) Also look at the Pulsar range available from 10 out of 10 here.

Hope this helps

Just a point that aren`t any practical LED gobo projectors actually available yet, well there is this, but seems to be vapourware at moment:

http://www.toplt.com/toplt-Merlin-CR2.html

US market a bit different from Euro market because of patent restrictions.

P.S.

No offence intended to Kave`s Dave, references to Disco Dave just a generic expression.

Archived