Wanted : CS Card for Strand 520

Trundle

Heloo,

My Strand 520 recently developed a fault, and a a friend of mine who gave it to me used to make these (the 520).

It means nothing to me, but he says it needs a new CS Card. I have no idea what it is, the desk just needs one to make it work properly !

If anyone has any info on where to get one or if someone does have one, it would be appreciated. Friend says he has already tried Strand direct and they ignored his emails and phone call.

Mods, If this is in the wrong place feel free to move..

Thanks,

Tom.

None taken.

But having worked for Strand for 18 years (mostly in the service dept) and presently seem to be doing nothing but sevicing and fixing 500 series consoles, I'm just curious to know the nature of the fault.

HI

We had a CS card fault which cost us somewhere in the nature of £2000 to fix.

I think the CS card is the card on the left when you open the desk. The one attached to the mother board via the PC riser.

Baz

Opera North

No its deffo just the CS card, as I mentioned the guy who built it said this is the fault with it.

Is there anything else I can do, I have not got the money to repair a fault like this, being 16 money is tight !

Well, you keep mentioning "the guy who built it". If that's the case then they would be an ex-Strand Lighting employee, and surely able of offer more of an explaination than "you need a new CS card"... If he's made this diagnosis, then he must know what the precise nature of the fault is. If you can find that out then we might be in a better position to help you.

Oh... when I say "we" I mainly mean "Kazeja", but you get what I mean.. :) So I would really recommend you follow his advice and see if there's anything in the status logs..

Well, you keep mentioning "the guy who built it". If that's the case then they would be an ex-Strand Lighting employee, and surely able of offer more of an explaination than "you need a new CS card"... If he's made this diagnosis, then he must know what the precise nature of the fault is.

I wondered this, too. You keep going on about the "guy who built the desk" having told you what the fault is - I'd have thought such a person would be able to tell you anything you needed to know about the fault and how to fix it, so I'm not sure why you're having to ask on an internet forum. Also, your profile says that you work for Stage Electrics ... why not give John Wright a ring at your service department in your HQ? He, like Kazeja, is another ex-Strand employee, and he's a bit of a control desk guru. If you've got someone like John working for the same company as you, you'd be foolish to not ask his advice on something like this.

Something I missed earlier..

Friend says he has already tried Strand direct and they ignored his emails and phone call.
If that's the case I would be questioning your friends claims... Even I can get a response from them pretty much instantly (and that includes when they didn't have a UK office for a while), and I'm not an ex-employee...

Would be interested to hear what the specific fault is, when it's discovered!

If you say it is the CS card that's faulty, then depending on the nature of the fault, the front panel may not be operational.

To get to the status log, connect a PC keyboard to the console.

Press and hold "CTRL" then "F12" to get to the Report screen.

Once there, release the keys then press "F6" for diagnostics.

Then press "F3" for status log.

Still interested to know what faults it reports.

Archived