Whats your opinion on the Robe club scan 250 ct's

menghini222

Hi there I have just hired in some Robe club scan 250 ct's for a talent show coming up on saturday. But I am wondering if I have hired in the right things the stage isnt that big its about 18Mtrs Long and goes back about 7mtr's.

Now I have never had experiance with using these so I was wondering wether any of you have.

Please help me out I.e:

have you ever used them ?

What do you think of them?

I havent picked them up yet so I still have time to change the hire.

Thanks

Menghini222 :)

18Mtrs Long and goes back about 7mtr's
Thing is, measurements like these don't help an awful lot. More useful would be the height from the stage of the LX bars/truss you'll be hanging the fixtures to.. This'll help us give you an idea on if they'll be bright enough at the distances you'll need them to project to.

I havent picked them up yet so I still have time to change the hire.
What other options do you have available to you (to hire)?

I've used them before on some fixed installations (clubs mainly) They'll still stand out against a rig of say 650w fresnels/profiles, but if its more a rig of par 64s and 1k fresnels, they'll struggle. Feature wise, they have rotating gobo's which adds some degree of variety, but no prism to make even more movement/eye candy. No zoom or iris, so using them properly as specials will be limited (i.e. make the beam bigger or smaller to hit someone/something properly, if needed).

Build quality isn't really an issue as your only using them for the one night. They should at least last that if their kept in any reasonable state..

Just my thoughts.

Tom

Archived