Thomann Multicore

waster

Has anybody used or bought the following from thomann?

40 In 8 Return Stagebox with Splits. Product ID = 145320

Monitor Tails. Product ID = 167483

FOH Tails. Product ID = 145321

50M Multicore. Product ID 145322

Total Cost = £1689.41 INC VAT + Delivery

Seems like pretty good value for money to me. I don't know about the quality of the multicore cable / construction though. Neutrik connectors on the Tails imply a decent level of quality to me though.

I've had a few products bought from Thomann that have failed - they have always sorted the issue out. VDC are very good, by reputation, but it's difficult to say the Thomann ones are not unless someone has one that has been dodgy, and the problem identified?

VDC and Kelsey are on my list to get quotes from though I suspect that VDC would be very expensive.

If I didn't go with Thomann I would be looking at getting the same from someone else though would be tempted to get 48 Send / 16 Return, and also outputs on each channel to have a bit more flexibility.

Has anyone bought a large multicore system from VDC before?

Has anyone bought a large multicore system from VDC before?

I think nearly everyone has bought a large multicore system from VDC before - and chances are though they bought it back when GL3s were still in fashion, and it's still been going strong! (/jokes)

Seriously, I've seen a lot of new VDC cables come in to work over the last year, and I don't know what's changed, but a number have swiftly made their way back to VDC with a polite note saying 'do I get charged extra for the cold solder joint/ polarity reverse/ missing neutral? The leading thought in the pub is that they've gone chinese on us? All credit to them though - they've been quite quick to rectify any issues - I'd recommend getting the multimeter out before plugging any new ones in though.

M

I've had a few products bought from Thomann that have failed - they have always sorted the issue out. VDC are very good, by reputation, but it's difficult to say the Thomann ones are not unless someone has one that has been dodgy, and the problem identified?

Out of interest Paul, which of your products have failed?

Seriously, I've seen a lot of new VDC cables come in to work over the last year, and I don't know what's changed, but a number have swiftly made their way back to VDC with a polite note saying 'do I get charged extra for the cold solder joint/ polarity reverse/ missing neutral? The leading thought in the pub is that they've gone chinese on us?

Hmm, strange one that. We are a Van Damme dealer and have not had any problems with any of the manufactured goods. Was this just single mic cables or custom looms/multicores?

Steve

Archived