Mobile DIP Switch Calc Testing

3guk

Hi Guys,

Could do with your help, I have recently been creating a mobile version of Ukslc.org and hopefully a wap based DIP switch calculator. This should be a practical solution until I can finish coding on that works on PDAs and Mobiles alike. With my web programming skills being 100% better than my device programming skills.

I'd be interested if you could test it for me: http://mobile.ukslc.org/content/view/768/86/

It works on my desktop machine and on my PDA, so if you could try it on anything you have that would be great !! :wall:

The java doesn't quite run properly on my blackberry (it works the first time, clicking through error messages but then after that needs a page refresh) however the mobile version works fine on it (once downloaded). Only thing I could recommend is to get to fit to screen (if that is possible?) The page you linked too works fine with safari too.

Good job, wish I could programme!

Simon

Simon,

The actual mobile version that you download, is meant for small devices hence blackberrys do not display it all that well, I'm working on a PDA version, which will work perfectly for you.

Any chance you could post up the error messages, if you get a chance, should allow me to debug it and hence it will work for more people !!

Thanks

Hi there,

I'd already downloaded the phone version from the link on your website. Has it already been posted on BR? (Sorry, My memory goes now and again!!!) Yeah, great idea, and I've already passed it on to a few students who find it very useful!

Ah, the days of mental arithmetic are numbered!!!

I'm using on a O2 XDA mini and the only thing I can comment on is, the 'P' of 'Press' is off the left of the screen in both portrait and landscape views. Maybe, you've already answered this in your last post. I would also echo maeterlinck's suggestion for it to work the other way (bin - dec).

Anyway, I think it's great, keep up the good work!.....Your programming skills are 100% better than mine!

All the best

Neil

on my 6233 the p and r and half the e are off the left of the screen, also it's way to small and the digits you enter are to close together on the display so they merge into one another and it's difficult to read

The error is:

java script: An error occurred while executing a script

This only happens when using the web-browser version you linked to on my blackberry browser, not safari on my Macbook Pro. I reckon it is probably a blackberry thing, not your fault.

Simon

This only happens when using the web-browser version you linked to on my blackberry browser, not safari on my Macbook Pro. I reckon it is probably a blackberry thing, not your fault.

<day job hat on>

Sounds like it's down to the way that Blackberry handles web content. They pull it down to their servers first, and mangle the page a bit so that it looks alright on a Blackberry handset. What this does to Java/Javascript is anyone's guess.

</day job hat>

It works flawless on my Nokia n95. As does the symbian version witch installed a few months ago...

If you want to offer a wap or online version for mobile phones you might want to concider a very short url. The typing of a long adress is not very pleasent on a numpad.

Here you can do this:

http://www.tiny.cc/

Archived