Unusual equipment

paulears

Crumbs...!

A quick Google seems to show that this is American and is called a "Triladder". I guess that the length of time the poor cameraman is supposed to stand on the ladder will determine whether it's viewed as a place of work, and WaH regs suggest that a "better solution" be found!

I actually quite like them, I've seen them on a couple of locations now for both cameras and lighting. Of course the normal caveats about working on any kind of access equipment apply and there is currently a bit of debate about swapping ladders mid-air. They can be used (with care) on surfaces you'd never get away with with a zip-up tower and wobble a lot less so I would assume camera shake is also less of a problem.

I guess it's more a mono-pod than tripod, but I think some of the crane-slung cameras used to cover golf would beat the original pic!

OT aside...did anyone else besides me really enjoy the Beeb's "It's what we do" promo featuring the crane at Turnberry golf course that had radio contact with air traffic control so it could be lowered when planes were on a certain approach to Prestwick? Now THAT was a tall camera!

Bob

** OT **

OT aside...did anyone else besides me really enjoy the Beeb's "It's what we do" promo featuring the crane at Turnberry golf course that had radio contact with air traffic control so it could be lowered when planes were on a certain approach to Prestwick? Now THAT was a tall camera!

Yep, found it here: BBC Golf Trailer

** END OT **

Archived