Zero 88 Support at the Edinburgh Festival (again)

peter

Once again it's getting to that time of year. The Edinburgh Festival is just a few weeks away and I'll be based up in Edinburgh for a few weeks to back up any of the venues who are using Zero 88 kit. If you're going up to the festival and will be using Zero 88 kit (Frogs, Jesters, etc :)) please let me know via PM where you'll be and how to get in touch with you.

Peter

And a note to say how great the Zero88 support at the Fringe has been the past four years I've been up there doing venue work - never will an Illusion bother me again (...a Frog 2 though, perhaps...), and a big thanks for taking the time to support everyone :)

Blacklight are in my view, the best repair/support people in town... cant remeber if they specifically do zero88 but the repairs workshop is generally known as of a high quality...

The company I worked for in the past sent all their stuff there when the inhoues repair guy couldnt do it or the boss refused to buy test equipment/ tools necessary etc..

SKL (simon kenedy lighting) have a load of frogs cant remeber about dimmers,

Sound and Vision have betapacks.... (however they dont like hiring out to festival venues, why I never found out)

Sound and Vision have betapacks.... (however they dont like hiring out to festival venues, why I never found out)

Going off topic a bit

The AV companies are reluctant to rent to the theatre market generally and especially at festival time. Their hire charges are usually significantly higher than the theatre suppliers (up to 100% more) which Fringe venues won't pay. Sadly in some venues the kit gets thrashed for 4 weeks then handed back in poor condition. The AV guys tend to keep their kit immaculate as thats what the corporate market wants - they don't want theatre hires messing their kit up for very little profit. They are also very wary of poor or non-payers, they are used to dealing with establised corporate clients not the xyz theatre company that will dissappear come September.

Having dealt with some Fringe venues/companies I don't entirely blame them!

I've known of theatre companies wanting to hire projector X (we must have it for the show!) for Y pounds where Y doesn't even cover lamp running costs! :(

Veering back on topic: I think it's great that a *manufacturer* is willing to provide this level of support - full marks to Zero88 for making the commitment.

Here's to another succesful Festival & Fringe

Ian

personally I know the reasons.. I wont tell you who I worked for for 8 months.................

a dark period of my life.

edit: SKL are happy enough to rent out to festival, a lot of the Underbelly and Udderbelly (loved that cow! even with the usual festival type stress it caused) stuff was SKL last year, crew kit n all!

With any luck, Black-light will be sub-hiring all my Betapacks for the duration - again.

It's been that way for the last several years and I've no complaints.

Just look for the garish yellow flightcases (That way no-one steals them!)

I've never yet had a problem with them coming back in a poor condition.

Archived